Thursday 12 January 2012

How AfrEA fired me

Ony Rasoloarison
Ony Rasoloarison, an evaluator from Madagascar participating in the Accra conference has revealed how AfrEA fired her interest in Outcome Mapping as a method of evaluation. Ony told Reportage that her first encounter with AfrEA was in 2007 when she participated in the Niamey conference. “It was at that conference workshop facilitated by the IRDC (Canada), that I first learnt about Outcome Mapping. 

“I found the evaluation method very interesting and I wanted to learn more,” she said. Two years later Ony was in Cairo for the 5th AfrEA Conference where she fully embraced the method. “Back home in Madagascar, I have used the Outcome Mapping method in my role as a person responsible for monitoring SAHA, a rural development programme in Madagascar. 

She said that the use of the method has resulted in behavioural change among the beneficiaries who, because they were involved in the negotiations with donors, now feel that they own the project and thus work towards sustaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment